Washington, D.C. — September 20, 2021 — (NOTICIAS NEWSWIRE) — LATINA Style Inc., in partnership with Parents Step Ahead (PSA), will virtually host the 18th Annual National LATINA Symposium – a national platform for Latina professionals addressing the most urgent issues affecting Hispanic professional women across the United States. The conference keynote speaker will be the Honorable Carlos Del Toro, who serves as 78th Secretary of the Navy. Secretary Del Toro will be presented with the Trailblazer Award.
As Secretary, Del Toro is responsible for over 900,000 Sailors, Marines, reservists, and civilian personnel and an annual budget exceeding $210 Billion. His priorities include securing the training and equipment successful naval operations demand and addressing the most pressing challenges confronting the US Navy and Marine Corps – China’s naval ambitions, climate instability, COVID-19’s ongoing impact, and strengthening a naval culture of inclusiveness and respect.
This year’s conference is focused on celebrating the achievements of Latina professional working women, entrepreneurs, and the military throughout the country. The Symposium will take place virtually on Thursday, September 23, 2021.
The Symposium features a wide range of interactive workshops focused on leadership, development, and empowerment.
Highlights from this year’s workshops include:
- Powerful Leadership Lessons: Leading by Example
- Nurturing Latina Success
- Successfully Transitioning from Active Military Service to Civilian and Corporate Careers
- The Highlight of Corporate Initiatives for Veterans – Presented by Walmart
The highlight of the program is the Distinguished Military Service Awards. LATINA Style is proud to present the only national awards program honoring Latina military and civilian personnel.
The 2021 Distinguished Military Service Award Recipients are:
- United States Army: MAJ Lidilia M.A. Garcia; Command Sgt. Maj. Llirenelli L. Mari-Ciriaco; Ms. Delilah Ortiz-Meyer
- United States Marine Corps: Sgt. Mayra L. Arambulajaime; Ms. Geraldina Sandoval
- United States Navy: Lt. J.G. Ana Mier; Petty Officer 1st Class Lorena Morales; Ms. Glenda Padro
- United States Air Force: Lt. Col. Cindy Serrano Roberts; Senior Master Sgt. Erika Luna; Ms. Hope Barber
- United States Coast Guard: CAPT Jo-Ann F. Burdian; Petty Officer 2nd Class Laura J. Morales; Ms. Carla Garcia
- United States Coast Guard Academy: 1/c Cadet Abigail Valadez
- United States Army National Guard: Maj. Sandra A. Wright
- United States Space Force: 4 Lesley S. Del Real
WHAT: 18th Annual National LATINA Symposium and Distinguished Military Service Awards
WHEN: Thursday, September 23rd, 2021
RSVP: Register here
LATINA Style is thrilled to partner with Walmart, JP Morgan Chase, USAA, Nationwide, General Motors, and American Airlines.
About LATINA Style, Inc.
LATINA Style Inc., headquartered in Dallas, TX, is the publisher of LATINA Style Magazine, a national magazine for the professional Hispanic woman. The magazine has been published for 27 years and has a national circulation of 150,000 and a readership of nearly 600,000. The company is host of the LATINA Style Business Series, the LATINA Style 50 Report, the National LATINA Symposium, and the LATINA Style Hero Initiative. For further information, visit http://nls.latinastyle.com/ or call (214) 357- 2186.